How We Do It:
1.) Disassemble and label all cabinet doors, drawers, hardware, and hinges. These go to our shop in Newbury park.
2.) Mask and cover all surfaces that are not to be painted or stained. Create a plastic bubble in the room that we are working in.
3.) Cabinet boxes will be done in the home first.
4.) Mask insides of all boxes with tape and paper for cabinets with prefinished interiors.
Solid lacquer or Paint:
– Degrease boxes, sand to remove sheen, vacuum, dust and apply first coat of primer.
– Apply wood filler or Bondo to all nail holes, cracks and areas of concern, sand, vacuum and apply second coat of primer.
– Caulk all trim and moldings.
– Degrease boxes, sand to remove sheen or strip complete depending on the situation, vacuum, dust and apply color to customer’s specifications.
5.) Apply the first coat of finish.
6.) Sand and apply second coat of finish.
7.) Remove all tape, paper, plastic, trash and tools from your home.
8.) Repeat the same process on all doors and drawers at our shop, in our ventilated spray booth and temperature controlled drying rooms.
9.) We will then wrap all of our doors in foam to avoid damage during transport. They are returned to the home and reassembled.
10.) We reassemble every door, drawer, hinge and hardware back to where it came from so there are no issues when doors open and close.
*Your average kitchen will take 3 days in your home, 3 days at our shop and a half-day to reinstall everything.
*All jobs receive 2 coats primer or stain and 2 coats of finish. We sand between every coat to crate the best, cleanest and smoothest finish possible.
Precision Painting Cabinet Shop
What should the customer do to prepare?
*Must: Remove items from the drawers and counter tops.
Optional: Remove items from cabinets (most customers leave items in cabinets, but there may be a small amount of dust that makes it past the masking paper).
*If you are planning on putting slow close European hinges on or drilling holes for new hardware make sure it is done prior to the paint job.
* We prefer to be the last people in your home so that when we finish you can enjoy a clean dust free, scratch free kitchen