Put down the paint. You’ll need these tools before painting your home!
Whether you’re touching up your living room walls for spring or opting for a new bold blue for the bathroom, you’re going to need some supplies before painting. Now that you’ve chosen the paint color (the hard part), the task in hand can be eased with a few simple tools.
If you want your finished product to look as good as the color did in a Home & Gardens magazine, you’ll need to get acquainted with the following essential items:
- Tape – This is essential for a clean and crisp line! Taping off trim and ceilings allows your work to look precise without spending hours getting lines right. For detailed work, like creating stripes or working around glass, FrogTape creates a tighter seal around the edges.
- Drop Cloth – Having a drop cloth will mean less clean up later. Use it to protect floors and furniture from drips of paint. No matter how careful you are, there will be drips.
- Paint Tray – One annoying thing about most paint trays is that you’ll have to refill them repeatedly throughout the job. Find a tray that is deep to hold an entire gallon of paint so that you can work quicker and more efficiently.
- Ladder – While you may be tempted to stand on top of a chair or table, the safest bet is to invest in a ladder. Trust us!
- Paint Roller & Brushes – After all, where would we be without them? The trusty paint roller can make quick work of covering a large wall while paint brushes are ideal for textured surfaces.
- Small Brushes – After you’re finished painting, and the tape has been ripped off, you’ll probably need to go back to do a little touch-up.
Whether you’re aiming to give one room or your whole house a fresh lick of paint, let the professionals step in to do a stellar job!
Contact Precision Painting, servicing all of Conejo Valley and Los Angeles, California with expert interior and exterior painting services. Our professional house painters are dedicated to making your home’s paint pristine! Contact us today to get started!