CALL US TODAY AT
(805) PAINTER
SCHEDULE A
FREE ESTIMATE
Choose and Protect Bathroom Paint

Skip the blues – learn how to choose and maintain bathroom paint.

When you think of a bathroom, you think of water. This leads to plenty of blue-based bathrooms. Whether it’s a nautical, beach, or spa-themed bathroom, people tend to pick a basic blue to paint their space. Instead of opting for this, it’s time to mix it up a bit! Because of the high levels of moisture and humidity in bathrooms, people often see mildew and mold growth. While proper ventilation helps with this problem, it’s often not enough. Here’s to finally choose the right color and protect your bathroom paint.

Colors

Bathrooms tend to be a small space, so you’ll want to open up the room as much as you can. Choose light paint colors like the classic pale blue, greens, and creams. These colors will also help to infuse a tranquil and spa-like ambiance. Another way to achieve this is to choose two neutral colors, such as taupe and white. Use the lighter color (white) for 70 percent of the room, and the darker color (taupe) for the remaining 30 percent. Darker colors make a smaller space feel even smaller, so if you can, avoid it!

Paints

As mentioned earlier, bathrooms are exposed to a lot of moisture. For this reason, you should purchase a paint that’s resistant to molds and mildews. Choose a paint that is both mold and peel-resistant for the best effect.

Protect

To protect your bathroom paint, it’s essential to properly prep before applying it! Take the time to wash the walls before you begin your paint job. Wait for the walls to dry completely before painting. If you can, add a primer to ensure that your paint has the best chance of wearing through the steam and moisture. Keep your bathroom properly ventilated, too!

Ready to leave it to the professionals? For a quality finish on your home, contact the expert paintings directly at Precision Painting! We serve Thousand Oaks, Calabasas, Ventura, and neighboring cities in California.

© 2019 Precision Painting. All Rights Reserved | Powered by The Studio WLV

logo-footer

STAY CONNECTED WITH US: